Monday, June 7, 2010

Montale: Oud Cuir d'Arabie





Medicinal. Leather.

I ordered this in extra perfume concentration and have been wearing it over the past week. I'm wearing it again this evening, and feel it is justifiable for me to sing some praises for this immaculately designed composition. Sure, this scents gets heaps of praises from fans and non-fans of Montale, and unfortunately or not, I am not able to break the choir up. This scent is good.

Unsurprisingly, the first thing that greets me is the anti-septic and sharp smell of oudh, pungent yet intoxicatingly addictive (I must sound like a broken record now). Before I know it, a few minutes in, the potent bitterness of premium leather comes bashing through the door. This combination is rather abrasive and loud, in a very good way. The leather stays on for the most part of the wear, hours later.

This scent isn't too difficult to understand. Oudh+Animalic Leather, cushioned by some faint florals and some smoke. Sensual, raw, bold and rugged.

If you're jaded by all the pseudo-leather scents flooding the mainstream, and looking for an untainted/unsweetened, realistic leather interpretation, Oud Cuir d'Arabie is one that you ought to sniff.

No comments:

Post a Comment